Thursday, December 31, 2009

Twenty Ten!

Well it is New Year's Eve...And like many of you I too am reflecting on all the glorious memories and adventures that came with 2009, along with some of the not-so-great ones. New Year's Eve is always the time of year when people look back on all that they did in the past 365 days. And many think "wow, where did the year go?" Throughout the year we all experience days that pass almost without notice, and other days that we will remember every moment for years to come. Quite personally it breaks my heart that I don't CHERISH every single day and every moment that God allows me to breathe another breath and to serve Him and bring Him glory while I am here on this earth. In twenty ten I am going to work harder to focus solely on God and His heart and will for my life and the world around me. My time on this planet is limited and I only have one life so I want to make it worth-while. I know I sound like a broken record but this year is just as great an opportunity as any to make a difference and change the world, starting with me.
Now I could list all the things I am thankful for from the year 2009, but there are so many I think that I just need to say "Thank You God for another WONDERFUL year! You have blessed me more than I could ever deserve and I am simply in AWE of Your Holiness."
But I would like to list SOME of the things I am looking forward to this year...TWENTY TEN is a big year for me (and for everyone for that matter. I truly believe this is going to be a year people look back on and say "WOW! God is GOOD." No doubt in my mind actually! Anyways here is some things...

  • On June 4th I graduate from high school! I still can't believe I am a senior.
  • Sometime this year-late spring-I will be boarding a plane to Africa. My heart screams with excitement and unbelief that God is opening doors that seem too big for me to even knock on.
  • Growing in my relationship with the Lord, I will never completely understand Him but I do get to learn more EVERY SINGLE day!
  • 18...On July 8th I will turn 18 years old. Although I will be a 'legal' adult I will forever remain a child at heart.
  • Voting...I get to have a small say in the decisions made within our country. How cool.
  • Meeting new people and making new friends-with a new year comes new faces.
  • Spending time and getting to know old friends even better. What a blessing it is to have people in my life that I know love and care about me as much as I love and care about them.
  • I am blessed with the fact that I get to be with my family-attending COCC for college will allow me to live at home at least for another year and strengthen the bonds I have with my AMAZING parents and Crazy Cool siblings.
  • Spending more time at Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch-this is a place that is dear to my heart and it is filled with SO many people I love. YAY!
  • New opportunities to serve God and further His kingdom. To learn and experience new things and for situations that I can share His Truth and be bold in my faith.

There are MANY MANY more things that I am looking forward to but I cant list them all and some I don't even know what they are but I sure am excited about them. Only God knows what is in store for the year 2010. And as for today I will rejoice and praise His Holy name. For He is God and I am not. And that is more than enough of a reason to celebrate, it is the only reason I should celebrate. EVER.

Happy New Year's everyone. May Twenty Ten (I love how that sounds) be filled with blessings and reasons to rejoice!

Love, Lashae

2 comments:

Jenay said...

Awesome post...love your thankful list of things to come....you are the best. I am amazed and blessed by your dedication to our Lord. You challenge me to become a better servant of our Lord.

Love ya,

Mom

marlece said...

la.....you inspire me.....I am grateful for you! Keep it up honey.
Your favorite Auntie Esh