Monday, March 15, 2010

Needing an answer

Hey there,

I have lots of exciting things to post about and share with the "bloggy world" but before I do that I have a question that I am not sure if there really is a good answer but I do need some input.

Lately I have had many different conversations with several different people with different backgrounds, beliefs etc. But my discussions with them have all come back to one thing....

They are all hung up on the question, (and I'm sure you've heard it too) "if God truly loves EVERYONE, then why are so many people suffering? Whether it be from AIDS, poverty, heartache, disease, being orphaned, abandoned, alone, whatever." Nearly every 'non-christian' and even many - let's say baby Christians, and to be honest "mature" ones too - that I know or have talked to lately, ask me that question. And I feel like I lose all credibility when I can't come up with an answer.

The only thing I ever say is that it's because we live in a fallen world. But then I ask myself..."is that really a good enough answer? is that really the explanation behind it? and how are 'unbelievers' supposed to understand that?"

So if any of you who happen to read my blog have a better answer, another question, comment, thought, anything . .. .please let me know. I am at a loss on this one.

Thank you much.

Lashae
*exciting stuff coming soon!!

2 comments:

Jenay said...

This is the all time question. There are many things we will not know or understand this side of heaven. Sometimes God chooses to reveal things to us and sometimes He doesn't. This is where we just have to trust and have faith that He is soverign and He is good. The only thing is what you already said and that is we live in a fallen world where there is sin, and free choice and bad things happen, but when we know God he will walk us through all these hard things He promised to never leave us! So keep pressing on sweetie, trust that He is Lord, Love Him and Know Him personally, and when we get to heaven everything will be perfect with no more pain, no more tears. This life is short, but think eternally, and even the bad stuff is temporary.

Love ya,

mom

Welcome! said...

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NLT

I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." John 16:33 The Message

Bottom line is this. We live in a godless and fallen world. Do people really expect that there will be no suffering in a place like that?? Peace can only be found in this godless world by trusting in the ONE who has overcome the world. And even then....we are not promised comfort and ease...we are only promised peace.